Mark your calendars!
Toronto will be hosting the 2018 ACA Annual Business Conference (ABC) & 3rd Annual World Convention (AWC) on April 26-29, 2018.
Location: Holiday Inn Yorkdale (http://www.hiyorkdale.com)
This central location is 15 min walk from the Yorkdale Subway; 15 min from the airport, & close to highways: 401,400,427, & 407. Beautiful large atrium has a resort like feel!! We have negotiated a special hotel room price, stay tuned for more information. We will be posting more information shortly on our local web site www.acatoronto.org and the convention web site www.acaworldconvention.org.
All Hands on Deck – Volunteers Needed!
We would love you to join one of our fellowship teams. Posting for many opportunities will be on our web site soon. Volunteers from all of our different meeting groups are urged to participate. We are in need of your IT Web skills, especially with WordPress. Interested in volunteering? See our Project Teams To participate in Service, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host/Sponsor a Guest
Perhaps you would like to sponsor/host a travelling ACA guest in your home for a few nights. Some of our out of town fellow travelers would like to attend the convention but need to share a hotel room or visit with one of our local ACA fellow travelers.
2018 ACA WORLD CONVENTION PROJECT TEAMS
Calling ACA fellow travelers wishing to participate in organizing the 2018 ACA World Convention in Toronto!!
We have listed the teams required to plan and provide service during the Convention April 26-29, 2018.
Please email email@example.com with the name of the team you would like to join, your name and contact information. All are welcome.
1. Venue/Hotel/Shared Accommodation Team: Coordinate facilities requirements for ABC and AWC and connecting those interested in shared accommodation.
2. Web and IT Team: Provide technical support for the world web site, gta web site, web streaming, registration system, online sales-computer. www.acaworldconvention.org; www.acatoronto.org
3. Design Work & Contest Team: Coordinate the logo, banner, bookmarks, designs for web site & merchandise.
4. Program & Special Play Team: Assist with coordination of programming & supporting workshop leaders.
5. Marathon ACA Meetings Team: Coordinate 1 hour ACA meetings throughout AWC, 2 trusted servants per meeting, 14 meetings over 3 days.
6. Outreach & Engagement (Locally & Globally) Team: Reach out to the local ACA fellowship, across Canada, USA, overseas, volunteers with additional languages required.
7. Entertainment & Fun Team: Coordinate Thurs evening outing, Sat dinner & fun night, dance, music event, fun/games in hospitality suite & throughout conference, late night excursion
8. Marketing, Sale of literature, CDs & souvenirs, merchandise Team: Coordinate the sale of bookmarks, t-shirts, lapel pin, caps, cups, bags, flags etc)
9. Registration Team: Coordinate manual registration locally, coordinate with WSO registration list of attendees etc.
10. Hospitality Room & Volunteer/Greeters Team at the Convention: Coordinate hospitality room & area; greeters at hotel and at Yorkdale Subway etc.
11. Administration Team: Coordinate printing requirements for the convention.
12. Delegate ABC Team: Support the ABC through putting together the binder, assist at the convention with mic runners etc.
13. GTA ACA History Team: Explore pulling together a collage of the history of ACA in the Greater Toronto & Area.